Heyy

We all have different lives, and this blog is revealing some of mine :) enjoy!

God bless

Friday, July 27, 2012

Relationship advice?

Ok, so this is not really like me... asking for advice over the Internet from randoms (although I know that those who follow my blog are not randoms)... but I haven't been able to talk to my mentor since last year, and all I want is your thoughts on my issue.

So Rob and I have been going out for 3 years and 11 months (4 years in two weeks!). We have been engaged for almost 8 months... and... IT'S DRIVING ME INSANE!!!!
I'm not patient... and I think surely God must be trying to teach us both patience... but jee I just want to be married to Rob right now!  So many people I know have gotten married in the past few years. I know an old friend of mine only got engaged about a month ago, and she is getting married in October. I'll admit, I'm very jealous! Rob and I probably won't have enough money to get married, until the end of next year!
We both want to know that we'll be with each other when we go to bed and when we wake up (and a little bit in between). I'm sick of saying goodbye to him, it sucks! When I went to the Bunya Mountains with him and his family a few weeks ago, I didn't want to say goodnight to him... I had the pleasure of a Queen size bed, and I craved to share it with him... not to fool around in... I simply craved to have him with me all night, holding me, keeping me safe. The bed felt so empty with tiny me in it. I was also scared, because the room was pitch black with the lights off. Rob declined when I asked him to stay with me... and it was the right thing for him to do... but I freaked out quite a bit, being alone.
I want to know if what I am describing, sounds normal to you?
I watch Home and Away quite a lot ... and what I have noticed in the past months, is that some of the couples will be together somewhere, talking or whatever, and then they have to part for whatever reason. The girl in the relationship doesn't cry when the guy has to leave... They both say their quick kissy goodbyes and that is it.
Well... I can't do that. I cry almost every time Rob has to go. I know he has to go, and that makes it worse.
I desperately want married life. I know they say that it is hard work being married, and fights occur more often..... but we will deal with that when it comes. I want to get married!!!!
Rob and I watch a lot of F.R.I.E.N.D.S. I have all 10 seasons on DVD, and we have just finished watching season 6. We love the show (me especially), it is funny... and it is good seeing strong lasting friendships. The problem  with it though, is that there is not one episode that hasn't got some kind of suss reference in it. Since we have been watching it for the past few months, it has been a bit hard for me to grasp what is right and what is wrong. Right now Monica and Chandler are living together, and obviously sleeping together. In the last episode of season 6, Chandler proposes. Technically it is round the wrong way. God makes it obvious in the bible that couples should leave, cleave, and then become one. Firstly a couple should find out weather they are right for each other, then they should be engaged ( in my opinion for more than a month) and then they are to marry, and leave their homes to make a new home (that is the leave part) then they can have intercourse (cleaving and becoming one). Part of that means growing closer emotionally. What God intends is important.
Watching tv shows like F.R.I.E.N.D.S, makes me realise how wrong society is... but it has become so normal to me that I find it almost acceptable. I thought it was cute when Monica and Chandler first... you know... and then when they moved in together. That is most likely why I asked Rob to sleep in my bed at the Bunya mountains. It felt ok. I figured that we love each other and that we will marry, so it is fine... it is just sleeping and cuddling that is all. It's wrong though, and we both know it. Rob and I will never have sex before marriage, we see the importance in keeping pure and having control, after all, God is our Father and he knows best.... but I'm impatient with almost everything else! *sigh* .

Is it normal for a christian couple to be this impatient? I know that there are many christians who have had sex before marriage, but I still feel weird. Am I too attached to Rob?

Any ideas would be appreciated... mostly prayer. xo.

No comments: