Heyy

We all have different lives, and this blog is revealing some of mine :) enjoy!

God bless

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Who my name says I am...

There used to be a really fun relief teacher at school, she filled in for our ECP class and always let us slack off and do what we want.... when another teacher walked past, she would tell us to pretend that we were working ... Her name was Mrs.O. A weird thing about her though, was that she would tell us what our names said about us.... She called herself a gypsy or something. I can't remember what she said about me, but obviously it was a load of rubbish. I am sure there are other Elissa's in the world who are nothing like me... and of course there are Elissa's who are a bit like me, that is because emotions exist in everyone. I know a few people who have a lot in common with me, and they certainly don't have my name... you get my point.... Anyways so tonight I decided to look up my name meaning, and I came across a website, which was also obviously a load of rubbish, but their definition of me was quite accurate.....

  • As Elissa you are rather serious-minded, responsible, and stable.
     
  • You have the gift of tact and diplomacy, and possess a charming, easy-going nature which endears you to others.
     
  • You have a serious desire to understand the heart and mind of everyone, and could be very effective in a career or in volunteer work where you are handling people and serving in a humanitarian way.
     
  • This name also gives you a love of home and family, and as a parent you would likely be fair and understanding.
  • Although the name Elissa creates the urge to be reliable and responsible, we emphasize that it causes procrastination, lack of confidence, and the inability to realize your goals and ambitions.
     
  • This name, when combined with the last name, can frustrate happiness, contentment, and success, as well as cause health weaknesses in the fluid systems, and worry or mental tension.
Here is the link if you want it....
http://www.kabalarians.com/cfm/what-does-my-name-mean.cfm

Yes it is accurate but I wouldn't fall for it... It would be interesting to know if you think that your name meaning on this website is accurate.
The trick that they use is talking about and using emotions in each of these definitions... Females are more likely to fall for this, because we are more emotional...... A lot of people may come across a point and think... "ahh that's not really true".... then they try and make it true for themselves, so then it becomes true. e.g... the first point that the website made was that I am serious minded.  My first thought was that I'm not actually serious, but when I thought about it, I realised that I guess I sort of can be..... that is the way these things trick you. Yes, I am serious, but I can also be really silly and bubbly. Not many people would describe me as serious at all. So then we go down the list, and trick ourselves into ticking the boxes. The people writing these use guess work and chance. They also tend to base these on someone they know with that name, and then it is the same process, where someone reads that this is their so called name meaning, but really it is someone else's , and this person just happens to have the same similarities.

So who am I:
I am Elissa, my name origin is Greek, and it actually means Oath of God. The name comes from Queen Dido of Carthage, who was also called Elissa.... she died of love sickness... but anyways... I wasn't really named after anyone, unless you count my Auntie Elizabeth... which my name is a variation of.
As a person, I would say that I am caring, and kind hearted which also makes me quite emotional and soft. I am generally reliable and like to please people. I can be quite bubbly, and playful. I have a side that is dead set on the ways that I was brought up with... in other words, I don't like change...I like tradition. I am romantic. I am creative. I am mostly easy going, but I can also get stressed. I'm not very confident, in myself, and can be quite shy and introverted, but I always describe myself as a "wanna be extrovert".
You see, when you get into detail, you realize that you are so much more than these people say you are. You have some of these qualities, and sometimes on the off chance like me... you have most of the qualities, but you are also unique!
Let me know if any of that didn't make sense.


God bless
Love, Me xx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol just for a laugh...

•Your name of Katrina makes you easy-going and refined, but detracts from your physical vitality.

•You desire all the finer things in life--lovely clothes, home, furniture, and environment.

•However, procrastination is your worst enemy, and you find yourself lacking the ambition to make your dreams a reality often because of lack of confidence.

•People are inclined to take advantage of your sympathetic, tractable nature.

•You naturally attract people with problems who seek your understanding and advice.

•Though the name Katrina creates the urge to understand and help others, we emphasize that it causes procrastination, lack of confidence, and the inability to realize your goals and ambitions.

•This name, when combined with the last name, can frustrate happiness, contentment, and success, as well as cause health weaknesses in the fluid systems.

Liss said...

Lol so is it accurate? hahaha!