Heyy

We all have different lives, and this blog is revealing some of mine :) enjoy!

God bless

Friday, February 10, 2012

I went for a drive!

A few weeks ago, I went to Somerset Dam with Rob's family, to go for a picnic. It was a lovely day. After our picnic we went driving to find a more quiet spot, and I didn't realise why until we got there! Rob's Dad had planned to take me for a driving lesson in a grassed area. I was shocked, and way too afraid. I didn't like the look of the spot we were in, and I also hated the fact that everyone would be watching me. I was a bit upset about this. Rob's Dad understood me, and respected my decision.
A week or so later, one Friday, I was at Rob's house, and his Dad asked me if we could go out the following Thursday to Maroon Dam so that he can give me a lesson out there. He explained that it was much more quiet, and a better space to learn. I felt like I didn't have a choice, and I agreed to give it a go.
So Yesterday was Thursday and we went out to Maroon Dam. Surprisingly I was more keen to have a go at it... I needed to prove to myself and to everyone else, that I can do this. We had a lovely picnic and then went straight to it. I was really scared at first, but I eventually got the guts up to do as Rob's Dad was saying. He reassured me that it was safe, and that he could take control if he needed to, by pulling the hand break. He was so encouraging. We went around the grass, up and down the hill for a few goes, and moved to the road track when he felt I was ready. I went around that track a number of times, working on breaking and accelerating, while he helped me steer. When I got the hang of it, He let go of the steering wheel and let me take full control. I mastered different corners on and off, I did really well. I enjoyed being so encouraged, and I had a lot of fun. It was nice to spend some time with Rob's Dad too. I feel so much better now, and I'm finally motivated to get my learners licence , so that I can tackle the real road! 

No comments: