Heyy

We all have different lives, and this blog is revealing some of mine :) enjoy!

God bless

Friday, July 8, 2011

Psalm 28

Of David.
1 To you, Lord, I call;
you are my Rock,
do not turn a deaf ear to me.
For if you remain silent,
I will be like those who go down to the pit.

2 Hear my cry for mercy
as I call to you for help,
as I lift up my hands
toward your Most Holy Place.

3 Do not drag me away with the wicked,
with those who do evil,
who speak cordially with their neighbors
but harbor malice in their hearts.

4 Repay them for their deeds
and for their evil work;
repay them for what their hands have done
and bring back on them what they deserve.

5 Because they have no regard for the deeds of the Lord
and what his hands have done,
he will tear them down
and never build them up again.

6 Praise be to the Lord,
for he has heard my cry for mercy.

7 The Lord is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusts in him, and he helps me.
My heart leaps for joy,
and with my song I praise him.

8 The Lord is the strength of his people,
a fortress of salvation for his anointed one.

9 Save your people and bless your inheritance;
be their shepherd and carry them forever.



Verse 1 and 2 particularly stood out for me.  I sometimes wonder how many times God has said something to me, and I haven't heard Him. Here, Dave is asking that the Lord hears his cry, and doesn't remain silent. 
I am constantly hoping that the Lord doesn't remain silent... it is like I want a clear sign or signal to know what to do about something. Sometimes it takes a while for me to hear that answer, and when I do, I often forget to thank God. 
God knows how many times it is going to take for me to hear Him... for e.g.  He knows it will take me 10 times to hear Him... but I don't think He would get frustrated (He is patient)... I think He would rejoice in knowing, that after the first time of not hearing Him, He knows that I will hear Him in 9 more times! Then I don't hear Him again, and he rejoices that I will hear Him in only 8 more times... and He counts down until I hear Him... and He rejoices that I have finally heard His answer. 
God is so patient with us.

God bless
Love -E- xx

No comments: