Heyy

We all have different lives, and this blog is revealing some of mine :) enjoy!

God bless

Saturday, July 2, 2011

WHY is it so hard to forgive?

It is so incredibly hard to forgive people sometimes... some things seem unforgivable, but the truth is, NOTHING is unforgivable.

Read: Mathew 18:21-35 (NIV)
The Parable of the Unmerciful Servant  
21 Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?”
 22 Jesus answered, “I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.[g]
   23 “Therefore, the kingdom of heaven is like a king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants. 24 As he began the settlement, a man who owed him ten thousand bags of gold[h] was brought to him. 25 Since he was not able to pay, the master ordered that he and his wife and his children and all that he had be sold to repay the debt.
   26 “At this the servant fell on his knees before him. ‘Be patient with me,’ he begged, ‘and I will pay back everything.’ 27 The servant’s master took pity on him, canceled the debt and let him go.
   28 “But when that servant went out, he found one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred silver coins.[i] He grabbed him and began to choke him. ‘Pay back what you owe me!’ he demanded.
   29 “His fellow servant fell to his knees and begged him, ‘Be patient with me, and I will pay it back.’
   30 “But he refused. Instead, he went off and had the man thrown into prison until he could pay the debt. 31 When the other servants saw what had happened, they were outraged and went and told their master everything that had happened.
   32 “Then the master called the servant in. ‘You wicked servant,’ he said, ‘I canceled all that debt of yours because you begged me to. 33 Shouldn’t you have had mercy on your fellow servant just as I had on you?’ 34 In anger his master handed him over to the jailers to be tortured, until he should pay back all he owed.
   35 “This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother or sister from your heart.”

That is self explanatory pretty much... we have to keep forgiving no matter how much someone betrays your trust, or hurts you. This doesn't mean we can't be angry. Anger can't easily be helped... especially, for example, if someone has murdered someone you love, you can't be expected to not be angry after you have forgiven them, forgiveness like this is very hard. But if you are angry, you shouldn't dwell on it, and let it stop you from living to your full potential. Despite anger, we still must forgive and love, because forgiveness prevents that person who has hurt you, being judged by God, and Love shows that person that you have forgiven them. 

 I barely ever have to forgive anyone. The little things are pretty easy to forgive. Unfortunately there are a few people that I do still hold grudges against... these people have caused me hurt and betrayed my trust a number of times. I'm not sure If I have forgiven them. I know I love them, but forgiveness seems to be hard, because I do wrong by dwelling on my anger. I don't dwell on it all the time, but sometimes I am left with complete frustration. 
-I love my Dad a lot, but he has caused me so much anger and hurt, that when I am really down, I can not stop dwelling on it. I am emotionally damaged because he treated me wrong as a child, and still does sometimes now. I don't want to blame him, because he doesn't know any better, but I know I do blame him a lot, mostly when I am down. 

-Someone else I have trouble forgiving is myself, and I think a lot of people fall into this trap. I dwell on my anger and sometimes embarrassment, when I say or do something hurtful and when I say or do something stupid. I can't forgive myself for my wrongs and now I don't trust myself. I am just causing myself pain. 

The thing is, I can't help doing wrong, I am a sinner, and so are we all. I should be able to forgive anyone, just like God forgives everyone because of what Jesus did when He died on the cross for us.
 Forgiveness should be easy. What do you think>? please comment.

God bless
Love -E- xoxo 

No comments: