Heyy

We all have different lives, and this blog is revealing some of mine :) enjoy!

God bless

Sunday, January 15, 2012

My Phobia's

So I have been looking at a HUGE a-z list of phobias. http://phobialist.com/ 
These kinds of lists are all over the net, and I find it kind of funny. Some of them are plain rediculous and I almost find it hard to believe that they are real.....

Anyway....

Here are mine.... sort  of.....

Acrophobia or Altophobia- Fear of heights.

 Aeroacrophobia- Fear of open high places.
 Alektorophobia- Fear of chickens. <<<< JOKES! Not really, I just thought it was funny.
 Ballistophobia- Fear of missiles or bullets.
 Claustrophobia- Fear of confined spaces.
Clithrophobia or Cleithrophobia- Fear of being enclosed.
 Macrophobia- Fear of long waits.

I don't know what the name for "fear of things not ending" is, but that is also a phobia of mine. You know freight trains? I freak out when one goes by on the train station, and I worry about how long it is going to take before it ends. Sometimes I wonder if it will end. Kinda weird I know.
Ok, so I don't really have phobias. They are just fears. People who really have phobias simply can't stop thinking about the fear... and these fears are often rather dramatic. 

I'm afraid of heights... admittedly have cried a few times when I felt like I was too high and couldn't get back down without help.

I am afraid of open high places, mainly because I hate heights.... and the thought of there being too much space kinds freaks me out.

I'm afraid of missiles or bullets... or anything like that really... but that sounds natural right? I'm certainly not the only one.

I am mildly afraid of being in confined spaces... but it is only usually if I feel like I can't get out when I want to. E.g. I won't go down a water slide that has a tunnel, because I can't get out myself. Yet I don't mind driving in cars. I dunno. Maybe it relates to my fear of things not ending.
Fear of being enclosed... yeh that also has to do with being afraid of not being able to get out. 

My fear of long waits is just impatience I think.... and it also sort of connects with my fear of certain things not ending. 


I probably have a huge list of fears but I'm not going to go through them and possibly embarrass myself

So anyway... I have come to the conclusion that I really don't like the idea of not being able to escape ceartain situations. Does that make sense? 
I wouldn't really call myself a phobic... but hey... this has been fun :)

No comments: