Heyy

We all have different lives, and this blog is revealing some of mine :) enjoy!

God bless

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Psalm 15

A psalm of David.
1 Lord, who may dwell in your sacred tent?
Who may live on your holy mountain?

2 The one whose walk is blameless,
who does what is righteous,
who speaks the truth from their heart;

3 whose tongue utters no slander,
who does no wrong to a neighbor,
and casts no slur on others;

4 who despises a vile person
but honors those who fear the Lord;
who keeps an oath even when it hurts,
and does not change their mind;

5 who lends money to the poor without interest;
who does not accept a bribe against the innocent.
Whoever does these things
will never be shaken.


It would be nice to have a walk that is blameless, trust me I am to blame for a lot of things!... It is also hard to always be righteous... As for speaking the truth from my heart, I suppose I use my heart a lot, and am mostly truthful, everyone has lied before!.... I don't really utter slander, much.... I probably have done wrong to my neighbour ( meaning my friends and family)... I do despise vile people... I do honor and respect those who fear the Lord... I wouldn't say I always keep oaths!... I do sometimes change my mind, ooops!..... I don't lend money to the poor, but I don't really have money to lend!.... I have never excepted a bribe.  
So I guess I tick some of the boxes and not others. 
I'm not sure if I agree with where Dave says "Whoever does these things will never be shaken" You see, we are all sinners, and as long as we are on this earth, there is every chance that we could be shaken in my opinion, no matter how many boxes are ticked! If Dave was thinking about after death though, then yes... in the days before Jesus was even alive, I think that maybe if you did tick those boxes, and believed in God, you would spend eternity with Him. I prefer God's law now though... Jesus died for our sins, and now we are forgiven. The only boxes we need ticking is... we need to try our best to follow Him daily, we need to have faith, and we need to ask for forgiveness for our sins. I think I prefer this much better!


Love -E-
God bless xox

No comments: