Heyy

We all have different lives, and this blog is revealing some of mine :) enjoy!

God bless

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Psalm 6

For the director of music. With stringed instruments. According to sheminith. A psalm of David.t
1 Lord, do not rebuke me in your anger
or discipline me in your wrath.

2 Have mercy on me, Lord, for I am faint;
heal me, Lord, for my bones are in agony.

3 My soul is in deep anguish.
How long, Lord, how long?

4 Turn, Lord, and deliver me;
save me because of your unfailing love.

5 Among the dead no one proclaims your name.
Who praises you from the grave?

6 I am worn out from my groaning.
All night long I flood my bed with weeping
and drench my couch with tears.

7 My eyes grow weak with sorrow;
they fail because of all my foes.

8 Away from me, all you who do evil,
for the Lord has heard my weeping.

9 The Lord has heard my cry for mercy;
the Lord accepts my prayer.

10 All my enemies will be overwhelmed with shame and anguish;
they will turn back and suddenly be put to shame.


David sounds like he is in agony... read it again if you didn't catch this! In verse 3 he asks "How long, Lord, How long?" This is a true cry for help, he is desperate! I don't know why David is so upset, but it is almost as  though it doesn't matter, whatever his pain is, he wants it gone, he needs rescuing! Read verses 8 and 9 again... It is interesting that David is all sad and full of sorrow, crying out to God, and then suddenly he is telling those who do evil, that the Lord has heard his weeping. It is almost as though he suddenly has this knowledge that God has heard his cry for help, and has accepted his prayer. He knows that although he is still in pain, he has hope because God has heard him! I take this Psalm as an encouragement. I have been through lots of emotional pain, and I pretty much stopped trusting God... but this is David, in agony, still knowing that God is going to answer his prayer, and no matter how God answers, be it yes, no, maybe later... David has hope and is going to accept it. I am in much less pain then David, and almost giving up... But I can't,  I need to live on the Hope that I have! 


God bless
Love -E-
xoxo

No comments: