Heyy

We all have different lives, and this blog is revealing some of mine :) enjoy!

God bless

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Psalm 3

1 Lord, how many are my foes!
How many rise up against me!

2 Many are saying of me,
"God will not deliver him."t

3 But you, Lord, are a shield around me,
my glory, the One who lifts my head high.

4 I call out to the Lord,
and he answers me from his holy mountain.

5 I lie down and sleep;
I wake again, because the Lord sustains me.

6 I will not fear though tens of thousands
assail me on every side.

7 Arise, Lord!
Deliver me, my God!
Strike all my enemies on the jaw;
break the teeth of the wicked.

8 From the Lord comes deliverance.
May your blessing be on your people.


I particularly like verse 2 and 3 of this Psalm...  I have had many close friends that have not understood why I love God so much, when I have been in so much pain. They say "If God exists then why is He so mean" This is a fallen world, I have to have pain, God isn't mean at all... God loves me..... Sometimes He doesn't stop my pain, but He uses my pain in the end to help me learn from it. He knows what He is doing. People don't believe that God will deliver me, but God shields me, He lifts my head up high. God wants what is best for me, even though it seems that He is against me, in actual fact He is bringing beauty from my pain. In verse 5 it says "I wake again, because the Lord sustains me." I guess sometimes I feel like going to sleep and never waking up... sometimes I am scared that it will happen, but sometimes I almost want it.... The thing is that I wake up because God wants me to wake up, He sustains me :)
Do you have any other thoughts on this Psalm?


God bless
Love
-E- xxx

No comments: